Wednesday, November 12, 2008

To All Men Seeking Women ...


Allow me to caveat upfront:
This is not meant to exclude men-seeking-men or women-seeking-women, it's just a verbiage vomit of thought from a heterosexual chick who is up
way too late after having too much wine with a couple of her besties ... Please take this with a grain of viscosity ;)

*****

I hate to be a walking enigma ...
No one likes a Rubik's Cube ;)

And it's not that I don't like to be "figured out" ...
It's just that my mind (and mood) change like Amy Winehouse's medication list (and rehab status)

Not to generalize all women,
I just so happen to know loads of them

That said, here's two cents from a girl who, in turn, happens to know a little about a lot ... take it for what it's worth!

At 27.2 years old, not one thing in my life is certain,
so let's just start there:


- 6 out of 7 days a week I dream of breaking the glass ceiling yet (at least) 1 day a week I dream of Betty Crocker meals, 2.2 kids, and a white picket fence.
- Every single Sunday I swear-off booze, beer (and baked zitti) but Monday-Saturday I find myself acting otherwise.
- Often times I look in the stand-up mirror loving the 7 (to 10) pounds (details, details) that I've gained in NYC...and other times I want to personally dial-up Jenny Craig herself.
- Some days I like yoga...other days I'd like to say "Namaste my f#&king ass!"
- Most months I don't mind paying rent, but there are the few-and-far-between moments in which I crave a mortgage.
- Public transit remains my ride to Hogwartz, but the 16 year-old in me can't help to wonder what it would be like to seal-the-deal on an all-American Ford (or even just an Oldsmobile).
- Fate and destiny remain a daily pendulum
-I think religion and politics are "to each their own" however, I frequently find myself trying to convert Republicans and Atheists
(just being honest)

Point being:
Women are never going to be just black or white
(
figuratively and literally)
So if she says she "hates flowers" then ...
BUY HER A PLANT!
If she says she doesn't want you to rub her back then ...
RUB HER FEET!
If she indicates that you've hurt her feelings then ...
JUST SAY SORRY!

At the end of the day,
the best thing I think anyone (male or female)
could ever possibly do for another

is to simply add to their life :)

SO DO EXACTLY THAT!

Take the time to figure out what makes your partner tick ...
Dare to do what is least expected and expect nothing in return ...
Strive to make everyday more fun and giggle-full than the last ...

Bottom line, no one really has it all figured out
(and life is hard enough as it is) ...
So if you really care about someone,
STRIVE TO MAKE THEIR LIFE A LITTLE EASIER :)

And although it's just my two cents ...
It is what it is, so take it for what it's worth.
Ooops, already said that. Time for bed.

To anyone who is also up right now ... Hi-loha!
To the 99.9% of the rest ... Goodnight/morning ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"is to simply add to their life :)"

Now this is really true. All we need to do is add to each others life. And i believe this is the simplest of ways to make this world a better place to be in....

Good thought!