Sunday, January 19, 2014

Thoughts on my “Platonic Plus One”


On the drive back from Michigan today I was thinking to myself, “What would my life even be like if I hadn’t met Steve?” but then I immediately stopped the thought process because you really shouldn’t ever haze yourself. Especially while operating a motorized vehicle. Duh.

But it got my wheels spinning about how lucky I am to have a true partner in crime :)

I mean, he loves to cook...I adore to eat!

He says "yes" every time I ask him to dance at weddings :)

He lets me listen to the other ear bud and only tunes me out 90% of the time when I talk for 8 hours straight on international flights. Together, we have been to 3 continents, 4 countries, and 7 cities after which, he still doesn't ever roll his eyes when I ask questions like, "Are baby’s passports smaller than adult’s or the same size?"

We both believe it’s bad luck to have an empty drink in your hand and we respect each others views that good wine and cold beer are in fact, religions. We even share the same view that the biblical scripture saying, “two men who lay together should be stoned” has been misconstrued for THOUSANDS of years as a knock on homosexuality when really it's just a nod in support of the legalization of marijuana*.  No brainer ;)

*Yes, I think weed should be legal by law in Illinois which I'm fully aware adds to the confusion and disbelief that I don't actually smoke it. Why can't we all just get along?!?

Anyways, back to Steve. The fact that he already knows I would like a Diet Coke (and gets me one without asking) and that he goes on “play dates” with me in not-so-foreign countries is just the icing on the cake ;)

He organizes Chili Cook-Off 
#gamechanger

He stands for goodness.

And my mom is even entertained by our antics…

Sure, we way be chasing up two completely different rainbows, but I feel like I won the pot of gold in this friendship lottery :)
  

No comments: