Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thoughts on "Small Victories"


Lately I've been joking a lot that I have a serious case of seasonal depression disorder ... I mean between the snow, the rain, more snow, some more rain, and the legit fact that my skin tone is a lovely shade of transparent, I'll be the first to admit that I've been a little under the weather as of recent.

But last night I finally got to catch up with two of my besties that I literally haven't connected with since Christmas (eeek, how is it March?!). Kate now lives in Denver and I loved every minute of hearing updates about her life there :) And Tyndie's in Chicago so I always love catching up on that front! Sometimes it feels like we're all going a million-miles-an-hour in a thousand different directions but there's no excuse that I let two months go by without as much as an email to check-in :( So needless to say, I was really happy to have gotten to connect ... It felt like a small victory of sorts :)

So, me being me, I made a list of other "small victories" to help get outta this Winter slump. And although there's not much I can do about this Casper-the-friendly-ghost glow I've got goin' on, I do feel good about the following:
  • A friend wrote me to say that my blog helped inspire him to start one too :) I thought that was super cool
  • My credit card is paid off ... I have zero savings, but no credit debt! Yahooooooo
  • Peanut Labs reached all sales goals for February. My team personally did not, but we're a small part of the greater whole and contributed nonetheless. Small victory indeed :)
  • Ma! the Meatloaf lost (miserably) in the Dodgeball playoffs. But, allow me to repeat, we made it to the playoffs! Such a great season guys -- can't wait for the next :)
  • "M" told me that her test grades are up ... I think her potential is limitless!
  • Mikey seems happy. I know I don't speak turtle, but he really seems happy :) And, after two months of me watching him, he's still alive which is a victory for certain ;)
  • Last week my Grandma told me that I sounded happy and that she's proud of me ... made me smile :)
So those are my tiny-triumphs as of recent. Just thought I'd share so that you can think of yours too!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

wow do i miss you. i love reading your blog, it makes you feel not so far away. you and caits need to figure out a europe trip right quick. for realllllllll!! Miss you
xo