Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's official, I'm in love!!

... with a turtle :)

For exactly a month now I have had the absolute pleasure to watch Mikey. His rightful owner (Christa the fabulous) will be coming back to get him in February and I'm not gonna lie, I'm really gonna miss the little fella :(

More so I think I will miss our daily routine, which goes a little something like this:

7:15am
Me: Goooooooooooodmorning Monkey Man!!!

After which Mikey immediately retreats to hide under his fort, peeping his head out (seemingly scared shitless, as if I might whip on a Speedo and join in the tank ;)

7:25am
Me: How did you sleep? I heard you moving your rocks around all night. It sounded like you were sending turtle-text-messages in the wee hours. Who were you callin?!?!? ;)
Mikey: Nada (remember, turtles can't talk and 'Finding Nemo' wasn't actually real. Bust)

8am
Me: Ahhhh, are you huuuungry Mister Monkey Face?!?
Mikey:

8:01am
Mikey closely examines the pellets
(not-so-secretly wishing they were pizza)

Cerca Noon

Me: If you were a teenage mutant ninja turtle, which one would you be? I would have been Michelangelo. I feel like you would be Leonardo -- he was pretty bad ass! Just as long as you don't say Master Splinter -- me no likey
Mikey: Nada

Cerca 3pm

Me: Are you cold? I always wonder if you hop on your turtle tanning bed because you're cold or if you're just pruned from being in the water all day? You don't look pruned though. And with your shell and all I can't tell if you get the goosebumps. So that's why I wonder, are you cold?
Mikey: Nada
Me: I think it's awesome that you can live both in and out of water. I can only hold my breath for like 20 seconds, max. But I would live in the bath tub if I could. Just sayin ...

Cerca 4pm
Me: Do you think you're from Australia? I wish you were from Australia. I've never been.

Cerca 5pm
Me: Would you rather date a Mermaid or an Angel fish? Or if you're gay I'm totally cool with that too. You can tell me, I really wouldn't judge. Promise!
Mikey: Nada

****

So ya, needless to say I'm gonna miss my friend-with-shell.
But he's here now so I'm ever thankful for the great company :)
  

No comments: