Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Fuckin' Easter Bunny


I often try to empathize with my 4 & 5 year old friends -- after all, we're more alike than you'd think.  But one thing that I cannot revert my mind to remember is how there once was a very blurred line between fiction and reality. A time when I was certain that the tooth fairy existed and that the reindeer ate all of the carrots I left for them on Christmas Eve. 

So I'm not gonna lie, my heart cracks a little when the following happens in class. Verbatim.

***

Instructor
Oops! My friends, it seems that a bunny rabbit has hopped into the "not a mammal" section... Does a bunny have fur?

Campers
YES!

Instructor
And does a bunny have live birth babies? 

4 year old campers
Nooo! They lay colored eggs. I get them in my Easter basket!

5 year old campers
NO!  They don't lay eggs because they are mammals. The Easter bunny isn't even real.

4 year old campers
{Silent. Confused. Duped. 
Yet ready for snack time, as always}

***

For other Easter Bunny funnies, click here
  

No comments: