Monday, June 10, 2013

Quotable Kiddos: Week 1 | Edition 1


Things my 4 & 5 year old campers say aloud
that I was silently thinking in my head: 

Is it snack time? 
(5 minutes later) 
What will the snack be tomorrow? 
(5 minutes later) 
Do we eat lunch after snack? 
(5 minutes later) 
Can a Kangaroo really punch you in the face?

***

Things I never used to say in my corporate job: 

Henry, please put your shirt back on. 
Gabe, fingers in the paint - not in your nose, please.
Boys! Pencils are not swords...

***

Things I'm not used to saying before 4am:

Do you know how to spell your name? 
Will you be ok in the bathroom or should I wait outside the door?
Annie, please don't lift your skirt over your head. 

***

Scenes from the classroom today

Me: 
Welcome to Zoo Camp! Can you please tell the class your name and your favorite animal? 

Lane: 
My name is Lane and I have a guinea pig. 

Arden: 
Today is my dad's birthday! We eat cheese.

Henry: 
My name is Henry and I like African Wild Dogs, Zebras, Apes, Dolphins, Red Pandas, Python Snakes, Polar Bears and Giraffes!

Patrick: 
My cousin's name is Simon...

Gabe: 
My favorite am-in-al is the LION SEALS!

Me: 
Yes, sea lions are wonderful animals :) 

Carter: 
Ummmm.... Ummmmm... Miss Stacey, 
Andrew & Evan look exactly alike 
and it's creepy to me. 

Me: 
Andrew & Evan are twins - that is why they look alike, Carter.  Do you have a favorite animal?

Carter: 
Were you two born at the same time? 

Andrew & Evan: 
Yes

Carter: 
Do you eat breakfast at the same time? 

Andrew & Evan: 
Yes

Carter: 
Do you go to bed at the same time? 

Andrew & Evan: 
Yes

During this 2.2 second side conversation, Charlie has attempted to crawl inside his backpack (twice). Aria has taken off both of her Velcro shoes and Naomi is anxiously waiving for attention because her pigtail braids "feel messy". 

Side note:   
Later in the morning, when Andrew had to use the bathroom but Evan did not, Carter's mind was visibly blown. I went to talk to him thinking he'd have questions about multiples, but he proceeded to tell me that his friend Evelyn's little sister is allergic to chocolate. So we moved on.

***

This entire "exercise" has taken me longer to write out than the ~20 minutes it all took place in. Camp goes from 9am - 3pm... 
You do the math ;)

My sides physically hurt from holding in belts of laughter ALL day long :) Needless to say, I massively adore these little people!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Stace, this is a gold mine of hilarity! Keep posting! I love it! xo