Thursday, October 24, 2013

On Dating


For whatever reason, I've made a concerted effort never to blog about my love life / lack thereof.  I firmly believe in karma and let's be real, the only person who should get thrown under the bus after 99.9% of my dates is yours truly. Sooo, I got that goin' for me, which is nice ;)

But a friend asked how my date went the other night to which I happily replied, "No turbulence!" 

The following conversation ensued...

She:
(shaking her head laughing)
Aaand what does "no turbulence" mean?

Me: 
Short answer -- it went well! I think?
Long answer -- I kinda equate dating to a non-frequent flyer... Like, maybe like a high school kid who's just put two-n-two together that you're in a motor powered metal tube with a cruising altitude of 30,00 feet and could crash at any moment. So preeetty much, you're scared shitless at the take off and landing; you're nervous to get on and you're anxious till it's over.  The very best thing you can hope for in between is: no turbulence.
   
She:
Do your hamster wheels ever stop?

Me: 
I wish! My God I wish they would... 
Should we have another drink?

END SCENE  
     

1 comment:

lahedrick said...

Nailed it yet again :)