Monday, August 29, 2011

Thoughts on "Enough"


I'll be the first to admit that I'm my own worst critic. 
But with just 10 days to the big 3-0, 
I've decided to cut myself a little slack this week 
(so not to jump off a bridge ;)

As prepared as I was for a big meeting this afternoon, 
I unfortunately entirely botched it :( 
But instead of leaving work after 
(to dig myself a hole to China) 
I decided to take the high road.

Ya see the thing is, 
I'm fully aware that if you can't hang with the big dogs,
you gotta stay on the porch.

But as I sit here all curled up with Chinese take-out,
a Coastal Living mag and a pay-per-view movie --
I gotta admit that even my "porch" these days,
really isn't such a bad place :)

I find myself in these "twits" a lot lately but
have come to realize that it's not that I'm failing by any means,
it's just that I've created a life, both personally and professionally,
where I'm so fortunate to be surrounded by incredibly smart,
talented, hard-working, and therefore successful people.

So on this upward journey,
I've decided to stop being so hard on myself, 

under a few conditions:
So long as I know that I'm always playing to my highest intelligence and that while I'm in this world to do well, that I continue to remember that I'm truly in this world to do good. 
    
And with that,
the new almost 30 year old version of me
has decided that at the end of the day,
I'm fortunate
 for every experience I have to fail --
and these "off nights" will end tomorrow so I should just enjoy the Pad Thai and a Jennifer Aniston flick in the meantime, because every now and again, 
it's ok for this very moment to simply be "enough" :)
    
       

1 comment:

Nicki said...

I loved this post! I can absolutely relate :)
Big day coming up soon! Will celebrate you over here and pour one out by the mechanical kid horses by the lake :) Check out the pics from last July if you need a memory refresher! (is that a word?)
xo