Saturday, July 31, 2010

Softball turned Superhero ;)


Ma! the Meatloaf may have lost on the field last night,
but we surely succeeded in celebrating after ;)

It was suuuper cool of the opposing team to invite us to their rooftop. Not gonna lie, I didn't foresee the flip-cup tourny ...

Nor could I ever have imagined that my Ma! uniform could
double so nicely as a cape :)
I mean, if/when the Empire State building is in the backdrop,
isn't a Superhero photo shoot a must?!




And although there was a part of me that wasn't "gung ho" to have "one last drink" at the neighbors apartment, I'm so glad we did.
Turns out he's an Army Colonel who recently got back
from serving in Iraq and received a purple heart!
Who wouldn't feel honored to raise a glass to that?!
Just goes to show that strangers
are simply friends we hadn't met yet :)

I don't know if Brother Jimmy's will ever allow us back again for dinner, but it sure was fun while it lasted ;)

With the season coming to a close, I'll admit that it's not the softball I will miss. It will be the unexpected, priceless, Summer shenanigans like these. So for now ... GO MA!

No comments: