Wednesday, December 30, 2009

To Each Thier Own


At the end of every year I get totally captured in thought.
To say "pensive" would be an understatement.

365 days, 52 weeks, 12 months ...
No matter how ya cut the cookie, its somehow past.
And be it good or bad, it's there to learn from.
To me, that's what a New Year is all about!

So I make a habit to do this every December ...
To sit down for a little one (wo)man chi-chat,
to have a little heart-ta-heart
about where the last year went,
and where the next one's going.

And no matter how much I've accomplished,
it just never feels like enough ...


Kinda like when you meet a guy, everyone immediately wants to know if he's "the one".
And when you move in together, your mom wants you to be engaged, like
yesterday.
Then when you get the ring, everyone wants to know the date.
And when you tie the knot,
and get yet another ring, everyone wants to know when to expect a babe.
Then, when you officially find out your preggers, everyone not-do-secretly hopes you have
twins
.
So really, it's never enough; and the "what's next" always seems to win interest over the present ...

So this year I'm taking a new approach! This year I intend to be thankful for just how much there really was!

SO much life :)
SO much love :)
SO much laughter :)


So over the course of the next 31 days I'm going to post about the good things. Not because there wasn't bad (because there was) and not because I'm trying to paint a picture that my life (or that life in general) is all sunshine and rainbows (because it's not) but because there is so much negativity out there already and I'm not about to add to it. I know this blog tends to air on the side of peaches and candy, but I believe happiness should be shared; so that's my plan and I'm stickin to it :)

Cheers to 2010!
But before we venture into what lies ahead,
I'd like to take some time to cheer upon the past ...

No comments: