Monday, December 28, 2009

Thank YOU for reading :)


All week long I've been torn about what to post today;
for today, if you can believe it, is my 600th blog entry!

The thing is, I've never really stuck with anything this long in my life. I mean come on now, 600?? Eeeeeeeesh!!

So on the plane ride back to NYC I jotted down a about a gazillion ideas using "600" as the core theme ... but basically it was just a bunch a' boring shit that wasn't quite cuttin' it.
So I browsed back to the very first post to read what it was that got me into this mess ;) Hahaha. I vividly remembered the moment when Mr. Zippidy Do Da began -- I wanted to be able to share my adventures with friends and family so that the distance from home didn't feel so far.

Sitting on the plane I reflected on so many things but still the idea for the infamous 600th post did not strike. After landing safely at LaGuardia, I hopped a taxi back to my apartment where I was gratefully greeted by oodles of Holiday cards that each made me smile from ear to ear :)

When I took a step back to stare at all this cheerful fabulousness, the "lightbulb idea" finally came. Ya see, the truth of the matter is, I started this blozzoggle to share this ride with you, and I know for a fact that the only thing that's kept me writing is knowing that you're out there -- because at the end of the day, it somehow makes the distance seem a bit less and in a strange way, it makes me feel like you're always on this adventure right here with me :)

So for my 600th post I just wanted to say THANKS!
Thank you for encouraging,
Thank you for laughing,
and most of all, thank you for reading :)

3 comments:

Nicki said...

Keep it coming! xo

Unknown said...

Huuuh. Didn't see our picture on the featured door of awesomeness. Huuuh. Life-long partners have something against happily married, pregnant couples. I see how it is.

Oh well, better luck next year.

I keed, I keed! It was great seeing you on X-Mas Eve.

Keep on keepin' on.

Unknown said...

Thank YOU, Stace! For making me laugh-out-loud.