Sunday, January 11, 2009

What are the odds?!!?

Sooo, Caitlin and I went to Vynl for brunch this morning and of all people, we ran into "Shower Rod"... the go-to nickname of the poor guy who's nose I accidentally busted (while trying to flirt with him in my roomate’s bathroom during our last after-party) ... Seriously, what is wrong with me?!

<<<<<

Allow me to rewind a bit to preface that, honestly, the whole mess was a total freak occurrence.

I was "that" girl ... the one who had had much too much margarita mix. See Exhibit A:

He was the uuuuber suuuuper, nice, innocent, handsome victim who was (accidentally) pushed (by me) into the bathtub, thus pulling the shower curtain down, and unluckily having the rod fall onto his nose :(

Not good

Needless to say, he did not call me ever again after that night ;)

>>>>>>

Fast forward one month, as our paths randomly cross again, at Vynl this morning …

I spotted him the moment he walked in the restaurant but played it cool and waited until after he and his friends had finished eating.

He seemed genuinely excited to see Caitlin and actually acted pleasantly happy to see me as well!

Apparently he just got back from Dubai last night and spent the Holidays skiing (must be nice). As I had not gone to Dubai and/or spent my Holidays skiing, I said very little except for “Hi hi hi hi” and “Happy New Year!”

As he walked away Caits and I joked that we should have fabricated an elaborate story like that I had just gotten back from saving indigenous children in Thailand or something outlandishly awesome like that.

But then we only laughed harder at the question of, “Why is it that we need to concoct stories of me with fake indigenous children for a guy to actually like me?!?”

Hahahaha

And so goes the story of my life ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moral: No shower curtains, no fake stories to concoct!