Sunday, January 11, 2009

Endearing ...

One of my guy friends just got engaged recently so we toasted the occasion over a few beers this weekend. I was curious to know how he came to realize that she was the one and he said something that I will keep with me forever because it was so damn cute ...

He said, "I knew it was the
right time because we've been through so much and grown together. But I have to say that I knew she was the right one because on New Year's Eve she was a total "zero" ... I mean like a "TOTAL zero" ... she was so drunk that she not only puked in the cab, but she also wet the bed, while I was laying next to her!"

(Insert roaring laughter from me ... someone who has admittedly had her fair share of "zero" moments)

And then right after he said, "But on January 1st, I still woke up totally in love with her, even at her absolute worst. And so that's when I knew it was right, all together."

I thought that was very real :)

No comments: