Sunday, November 30, 2008

"Local Celebrity"


Everyday I walk past the corner of 1st & 1st to catch the subway ...
and every single day I wonder to myself,
"Who's the lucky-duck that gets to live in
the quaint little Lighthouse on top of that building?"

I think about this imaginary "local celebrity" more often than I'd like to admit ... I wonder what he/she does for a living. I wonder what the home looks like inside (specifically, if they went with a nautical theme because that's what I personally would do if I were the lucky-duck that lived there). I wonder if they have a telescope (because, again, I would) and where they go to "get away" (because, come on now, let's be real, who the hell would ever want to "get away" if you lived there?!?!)

Anyways ...
must be nice ;)

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Sorry I don't mean to break an illusion by doing this but - It's owned by an art director for movies ( www.imdb.com/name/nm0598552/)Henry M. Shrady, a decendant of Henry M. Shrady(1871 - 1922)the sculptor whose work included his masterwork, Appomattox Memorial Monument to General Ulysses S. Grant in Washington, D.C.more bio- www.fada.com/browse_by_artist.html?gallery_no=26&artist=4429&bio=1
Still kind of interesting.