Monday, October 6, 2008

Thoughts on "Getting In Shape"


Swimming
as exercise
has its ups and downs ...


Ups: It's more fun than running & I heart swimming pools :)

Downs: You have to put on a bathing suit in order to do it
... 'nough said

So today I got "back on the wagon"
and swam some mid-day laps at the Community Center.

Not gonna lie,
I got to minute ~20 and just about drowned from my nemo-ness :(

Then my goggles filled with water
and the geriatric lady in the next lane
started freaking me out.


I thought to myself,
5 more minutes!
Do it for
Jawz!

But then I started getting tired
and felt like I was about to break a swet ...
ummmmm,
oxymoron much?!?!

Do you think fish swet but we just can't see it?!?

I would like to think that they do
(then I would feel much better about my hot face)

Confession:
Sometimes I wonder what people would do
if I showed up to swim laps sporting a snorkel :)


I'd also like to invest in flippers
but Lord knows I'd try to wear them around the apartment for fun
...
and fall repeatedly ;)

No comments: