Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thoughts on Sarah Palin's Speech

I couldn't sleep last night (shocking, I know)

Allow me to elaborate ...

I couldn't sleep last night,
because of Sarah Palin's speech at the RNC.

The second she started talking,
all I could think about was how much she looks like
a bad cross between Tina Fey & Megan Mullally.

All I kept hoping was for both Tina & Megan to jump out and say,
"LIVE FROM NEW YORK, IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT!!"

But it wasn't Saturday night.
It was Wednesday night.
And a nightmare at that.

I couldn't stop thinking about how scary of a situation the world is in right now.

The Governor of Alaska as the VP Republican Candidate for the United States of America.

Wow.

And people are knocking Barack for inexperience?!?

All I have to say is that
the only part of her speech that I actually did enjoy
was when her daughter (Piper or Willow or something like that)
proceeded to lick her hand
in order to give her baby brother Trig a nice
spit comb over.

Hysterical!

In fact,
I loved that moment so much,
I replayed it several times,
captured in on cam,
and made this lovely comic strip for all to enjoy :)


Believe me,
I'm all for females in power.
I'm all for females in general.
But not this one.

Not this hockey mom.
Not this Von Trapp family.
Not in what could be the most pivotal election in the history of American politics.

Personally, I wish she'd just take herself (and her prego 17 year old daughter) straight back to Juno (literally).

1 comment:

bella said...

The tongue bath was my favorite part too :) otherwise, what a mess...