Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Wish

Although we all wish our best friends will only marry once, I wish mine would get married a million times over (to the same men, of course!) ... These weddings are just SOO g*d damn fun :)

However, this wedding weekend surpassed fun.
This wedding weekend was something entirely different.
A cross between incredibly special and unbelievably perfect.
It was everything you could, would, and should ever wish for your best friend!

Of course there were a few minor mishaps ...
And a few (too many) cocktails ...
But, in 50 years, it will be the Makers Mark and the mischieve that we will forever crack up about, right?!?!

With each wedding, I learn something new ...

Perhaps a tradition: that a bride should always wear something borrowed and something blue.
Perhaps a logistic: like that when they say the church ceremony starts at 3pm, it actually does.
Perhaps an esthetic: like how brides pay good money for the bows wrapped around each chair. Therefore, they are not be untied and placed around your head at the end of the evening ;)

Here is what I learned at Meg & Sam's:

Your best friends will always be beautiful in your eyes. But, this is indisputable by all when they become a bride.
I personally just happen to think that this is even further irrefutable, when the bride rocks a tambourine :)


I've never really thought about it before but, I've come to learn that I absolutely love the Conga Line. Like, really love it! To the point that if you asked me what my perfect day would consist of, I would likely reply that, I do not know yet. But, it would most definitely include an impromtu conga line. Ideally this would happen in a very obscure location, such as the Mini-Mart or possibly on public transportation, but I'll take what I can get ;)


I've learned that the limbo is for the limber
(and therefore I shall not post an image here)

But, on the other hand, kareokee is for all who care to.
I've learned that "Jessie's Girl" is to be sang loudly, proudly, and as often as humanly possible. (Should you be able to somehow score a trumpet while doing so ... all the better!)


I learned that it's maybe not a good idea to ask an unsuspecting man
to be your "Patrick Swayze".
And it's an even worse idea, to take a running start directly at him.
Note: there is nothing "Dirty" about this type of dancing.
Take my word for it,
you will only end up looking like a suicidal star fish!


And lastly, I learned from this wedding in particular,
that true love exists.
And so for my last wish,
I wish that we should all be so lucky to find it :)

2 comments:

Megan Murray Elsener said...

So sweet of you Munch! We'll email from Italy! Ciao Ciao. We LOVE you!

Anonymous said...

You did an excellent job of describing this Stace! I feel like I was there!

And my personal fav is the one with the Trumpet. Because duh!