Sunday, April 6, 2008

Thoughts on Sundays

Riddle me this ...

When living in a borough with eight million other people, how is it humanly possible that (without fail) every Sunday night I feel lonely?!

The majority of my Sun-day is (admittedly) spent re-hydrating ... and pondering why the hell I continue to drunk-dial the sober & innocent (considering that my phone, like all others, does have an "off" button ... I just apparently feel the need to ignore this invention).

Then there are the 11 minutes spent hypothesizing how the infamous bruise on my left hip is mysteriously present (yet again).

The 17 minutes spent googling Pirate Ships (and how much it would cost to charter one on my own).

Then roughly 45 seconds pondering the current whereabouts of secret agent MacGyver ... more specifically, 45 seconds spent wondering how he would solve for this massive hangover (likely using just a paperclip and a piece of chewing gum).

... 9 seconds vowing "I will never drink again" and approximately 22 minutes spent uploading stimulating digital evidence of the weekend ... questioning why I continue to find it funny to create and capture "Kodak Moments" such as this:

Mature, Stace .... veeeery mature!

So, without fail, every Sunday night I find myself homesick :(

I attempt to remedy this with sushi take-out, my favorite pair of pajama pants, and several phone calls to my family. After which, I then have a "self sit down", where I repeatedly remind my inner-spaz, that "one of these days we have to grow up."

In turn, it is during this "self-reflecting session" where I (unfortunately) come to realize that maybe (just maybe) there is a direct correlation between my "social behavior" and the fact that I'm 26.7 years old ... and still sleeping on an air-mattress.

So, tomorrow I will be making the journey to Sleepy's, to buy my "big girl bed" ... and then to the pet shop to invest in a goldfish :) I fear the time has come to take a couple steps in "the right" direction ...

And although, from an outside perspective, these may be viewed as baby steps ... they are steps nonetheless ;) Bare with me!

No comments: