Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Good Humor :)

Tonight, I was contemplating where to go for dinner (God forbid I cook) ... and then, ever so oddly, the ever so familiar tune of "Pop Goes the Weasel" could be heard for miles out my apartment window!

As this is Zoo York, I wondered if the circus happened to be out front ... or maybe just a runaway monkey with a jack-in-the-box! But then, like the days of old ... I remembered that this (rather annoying melody) is also the sound of the one and only ... ice cream truck!

Perhaps?!?!
Could it be?!?!

Has my third wish come true?
!?!

I immediately grabbed my wallet, keys, and camera ... bolted down 5 flights of stairs, followed the sound until it got louder and louder and louder and then ...

There it was!
The ice cream truck!!
Right here on Clinton Street!!!

Hip, hip, hooooooray!!

Oh my God ... what to order?
But I haven't even eaten dinner!

Oh my God ... who cares?!
The ice cream truck is here!
In Manhattan!
On my street!


Choco taco?

Bubble Play?

Holy shit! They've come out with a Sponge Bob Square Pants Popsicle!

As fate should have it, I thankfully had enough singles in my wallet to show-up a stripper -- Sooo ...

I bought 'em all :)
I'm a grown-up now!
I can do things like buy three ice creams before dinner (... apparently there's one perk to getting old!)

I paid the nice ice cream man ... (reassured him that I do not take my clothes off for a living) ... and watched as that little slice of gas-guzzling heaven drove away ... the sound getting quieter and
quieter and quieter :(

And I thought Peeps caused a bad belly ache ... Not so much!


But, let me tell ya, this chocotaco-bubbleplay-squarepants party going on in my tummy-tum-tum is worth every second :)

No comments: