Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sexist = Me?!?!

(Sunday, 2/10)
____________________________________________________________________________________

Today, as I was getting off the plane from New York to Seattle, I popped my head in the cockpit to thank the Captains (per usual)


I said “thanks guys!” and then the strangest thing happened … my head turned back to do a double-take because there were no “guys” in the cockpit … just two chicks … two FEMALE pilots! Man oh man I was psyched :)


I turned back and said, “thanks ladies!


While waiting at the baggage claim I thought, “Am I sexist?!?!” … The fact that I assumed there would be at least one male driving the plane? … The fact that I automatically said, “thanks guys”? …. The fact that I physically did a double-take?!?


Please, allow me state for the record: although I am the only female in the city of Manhattan not voting for Hillary Clinton, I swear, I’m really not sexist. Really!

No comments: