Sunday, March 2, 2008

Anonymity

(Sunday, 2/10/2008)


The most exciting part about exploring a new city is the anonymous feeling that no one here knows me:)

The feeling that I could do a somersault down 2nd Avenue and not one person would say, “Oh my god, that’s Stacey Hall ... I went to pre-school with her. She used to eat glue.”

The feeling that I could sing out loud on the subway and not one person would say, “Is that Stacey Hall? Ugh. I went to grade school with her. She used to play the trombone like a loser.”

The feeling that I could wear my prom dress to Penn Station and not one person would say, “That girl looks like Stacey Hall…I went to high school with her. She used to be in the Sign-Language Club. Ha!”

The feeling that I could randomly walk into this store I’ve never heard of called “West Elm” at the corner of 17th & 6th Ave and ….

“Stace?!?! Is that you?!?”

…. and run directly into my roommate Rachie from study abroad Florence :)

Apparently anonymity doesn’t exist.

So maybe I’ll refrain from somersaulting down 2nd Ave, singing on the subway, or wearing a crazy costume to catch a train … maybe... at least for today ;) 

No comments: