Sunday, March 9, 2008

Packing & Praying

(Friday-Sunday: March 7,8,9)
_____________________________________________________________________

There is no question about it … I am by far the worst packer in America … hands down.

Case in point -- this past weekend:

PURPOSE OF TRAVEL: Cousin Timmy’s wedding in Scottsdale, AZ :)

TIME SPENT PACKING: Roughly 3-5 minutes

Per usual, there was absolutely no thought process behind my “pack-job” for this event … it all just seemed so logical at the time:

  • Cowboy Hat (obviously)
  • Dress for rehearsal dinner (duhhhh)
  • Dress for wedding (clearly)
  • 4 bikinis (an absolute must … there’s nothing worse in life than putting on a wet bathing suit!)
  • Swimming goggles (another “must have” … all the cool kids under 8 wear them … therefore, so should I)
  • Digi Cam (no brainer)
  • Cell Phone Charger (ditto)

I mean who really needs a toothbrush, cosmetics, and clean underwear?

So thanks to the sun, I sported a few hundred new freckles (in lieu of make-up) and scored a “breath freshening kit” from housekeeping (…niiiiice!)

All was fine and dandy until mid wedding ceremony, as we bowed our heads to say the Lord’s Prayer; I could see my strawberry bikini bottoms through my dress and couldn’t contain my laughter :) Classic!

Moral of the story … always wear sunscreen ;)

No comments: