Monday, July 25, 2016

Welcome to the world, Bennett Simon!


James Bennett Simon made the world all the brighter the minute he was born on June 1st, 2016! I had the true joy, privilege, and pleasure to get to meet him yesterday at the University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital. 

30 years ago, I met Tyler before we started Kindergarten having grown up blocks away from one another in Glenview. 
Half a life ago, I met Paul during our freshman year at Michigan. 
Four short years ago, these two met at a party at my apartment :)
June 2012

Love, marriage, and a beautiful baby boy later, 
my heart physically melted while holding this little miracle in my arms for the first time yesterday. 

So many tears of joy have come about these past 7 weeks Bennett has been in the hospital. He is a fighter, a warrior, and clearly already winning at life to have these two as parents :)
   

No comments: