Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The greatest gift of all


Over the past two years, all of our "hall-idays" have taken on a new look and feel. The first year that we held two of every holiday it was admittedly awkward, but this year we all made a concerted effort to simply make Christmas twice the fun. I guess the silver-lining to being an adult when your parents divorce is exactly that -- you get to be an adult. And as adults, we all do what's best for the real reason for the season; and in my family, that would be Stella Grace :)


The last time I saw my parents in the same room was the day Stella was born. I didn't know that would be the case at the time, but it's a funny milestone to remember it by. So much has changed since then. But as I watch Stella grow right before my very own eyes, I'm continuously inspired to grow and challenge myself to become a better person right along with her. I consider it my cost of admission to have a front row seat to StellaBella's little life.  What a privilege! 

  

No comments: