Monday, October 13, 2014

Donnybrook Reunion


When I introduced Max to my friend Dyramuid, the owner of Donnybrook, it felt like two incredible chapters of my life were coming together, and a huge smile came across my face :)

Dyramuid explained how I "came with the lease" given I lived at the same corner of the bar and was the first customer to walk in the door. I was so excited for Donnybrook to open after months of watching it be constructed so I brought a bottle of champagne to congratulate them... Dyramuid replied, "Ya don't bring sand to the beach young lady!" A line that still makes me laugh to this day.

While I lived in New York, Donnybrook was so much more than a corner bar for me. It was my modern day "Cheers". A trusted home-away-from-home in a city where change is the only constant. So needless to say, it was incredibly special, 4 years later, to walk back in the doors only to be greeted with a giant hug from Frances, the bartender, who said, "My God it's good to see your face! Isn't life just magical?" 

It sure is :)

 

SO MUCH LOVE!
     

No comments: