Monday, December 9, 2013

How in the World?


How in the world, 
did I get so Goddamn lucky?!

When I put the last stamp on my very last Christmas cards tonight, I went back through to count the number of states and countries my life has been blessed to visit the oh-so-awesome lives that my closest friends are living them in: 
      
Arizona (Scottsdale)
California (LA, San Diego, Ballard)
Canada (Vancouver) 
Colorado (Denver)
Connecticut (Ridgefield)
England (London & Sussex)
Florida (Tampa & Hernado)
Germany (Berlin)
Hawaii (Honolulu)
Illinois (Chicago and whole bunch a' suburbs)
Kentucky (Louisville)
Massachusetts (Boston & Jamaica Plain) 
Michigan (Detroit & Ann Arbor)
Minnesota (Minneapolis)
New Jersey (Hoboken & Lincroft)
New York (NYC & Rochester) 
Ohio (Columbus & Cleveland) 
Oregon (Portland)
Utah (Salt Lake City)
Washington (Seattle & Maple Valley)
Wisconsin (Madison, Milwaukee & Middleton)

***

With every single card I signed, my mental-mind-map kissed a memory from each and every place. What a blessing to have accrued, loved, lived, and learned from/with each and every single one :)
  
***

While flipping through TIME magazine tonight, I read an interview with Emma Thompson and it felt like she was literally talking directly to me with her quote that went:

"My godfather said that 'story' was about taking the chaotic jigsaw of life, making it into a picture and putting a frame around it, so that we could take a moment to have a look at it with a small sense of control and gratitude. Story and art are the humanizing elements of us."

***


LOVE
LOVE
LOVE
LOVE

No comments: