Tuesday, December 3, 2013

GIVE

I'm not at all proud of this post but I 
hope it helps get the message across. 

If you're reading this right now, you have access to internet which means you are SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER OFF THAN OTHERS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON. 

So please take 5 minutes to look through your closets and junk drawers at your earliest convenience to donate anything you're not using. There are charitable causes seeking donations everywhere so now's the time to GIVE. 

I'm entirely ashamed that my closet had not one, but six jackets to give to the Lincoln Park Zoo coat drive.

My junk drawers had not one, but three old cell phones and four old digital cameras that are being picked up by Global Giving for girls in Zimbabwe. 

It crushes me that I haven't taken the time to do this sooner. 

If you're awesome and have already cleaned out your closets, there are so many other ways to donate your time this holiday season at Soup Kitchens and the American Red Cross is always looking for blood doners. 

Whatever you can give, the point is...GIVE!
     

No comments: