Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Missing "Peace"


Everyone has "that" room in their house/apartment/humble abode that's their favorite. It's the place that makes you feel at home and that all is right in the world. 

For me, it is my living room.

For almost three years now, I have "nested" 
this 12x12 square of comfort but for some reason 
there's always been a sense that something's missing.

I've scoured antique shops, boutiques, craft fairs, 
bazaars, furniture stores, art galleries...the list goes on. 
But I haven't been able to find that one special piece that 
puts it all together.  And then it came to me...
a floating book! 

I immediately went onto Etsy knowing this had to exist 
and WAA-LAA!!!  Sure enough, it does :) 

I purposely picked The Theory of Evolution because, after the best summer of my life teaching little ones that we too are mammals, I somehow felt even more connected to Earth and all living beings. 

It's such a little piece, but it makes me SO happy
and that is all I have to say about that :)

No comments: