Wednesday, September 18, 2013

#shinyobjectseverywhere


My only issue with grad school is that I have SERIOUS (undiagnosed) A.D.D.   I'll be in the midst of reading a 20 page article and see a word that I haven't read in a while so I'll grab a thesaurus to check what other words it's friends with. From there, I "might" possibly slip into a solid 20 minute Google vortex in which I try to find images to capture what that word means to me.  This is why the internet is my very best frenemie. 

I should be on page 18 right now...

The word that set me off today is "favor" (noun) versus "favour" (verb). It made me think of a scene in The Great Gatsby that I absolutely love. 

It's the part when Gatsby wants Nick to invite Daisy over for tea, so he operates in the only way he knows -- to propose something in return. Gatsby offers Nick a hand in some shady business deal but Nick realizes what he's doing and cuts him off...
   
"It's a favor, Jay.  I'm happy to do it."

I ADORE THIS LINE & HOW IT'S DELIVERED.

While searching to see if the video clip exists, 
I pulled these little lovelies as well :)
  
And now, back to reading...





 



No comments: