Monday, June 24, 2013

Great Minds Think Alike ;)


While at a Bachelorette party this past Saturday night, 
we all took turns buying rounds of bevs at the bar. 
Common practice. Makes life simple. All are happy :)
   
When it was my turn, I memorized the order and recited it in my head umpteen times so not to forget.  I weaseled my way through the crowded bar and waited my turn, only to go completely blank when the bartender yelled, "What are you having?"

"Ummmmmmm, ummmmmmmmm, ahhhhhhhh"
I replied :S 
  
It was as if my mind could not make word pairs. 
That all the sudden, my bestie couples: "Bud" & "Light" and 
"Gin" & "Tonic" were not at (or on) the tip of my tongue.
   
So this morning, when my new class of 4 & 5 year old munchkins arrived and we all went around the circle saying our name and favorite animal -- I was entirely empathetic to the "Uhhhhhh"s and "Ummmmmmmmm"s as my little short friends temporarily forgot their names for a hot sec. I wanted to be like, "I feel your pain buddy -- been there too -- we're more alike than you think ;)"
     

No comments: