Wednesday, May 1, 2013

"Zoo Beginnings"



Starting over is scary; 
this is now know first hand. 

After a 10 year career in advertising and social media market research, I've decided to follow my heart to a new adventure.  
Or what will literally be, a zoo adventure :)

I'm elated to be joining the Lincoln Park Zoo summer staff as a conservation camp instructor to help educate kids about these awesome animal ambassadors and the importance to protect wildlife across the world.  

As part of the interview process we had to write lesson plans on various topics teaching about a range of species from reptiles to massive mammals. The subject matter changes by age group as a four year old is obviously very different from a fourteen year old.  I could have written for DAYS thinking about planning each lesson! And when asked during my personal interview session how I came up with all these ideas, I simply said:

FACT FOR ME

They say "with risk comes reward" and let me tell ya, walking through the LPZ gates to fill out my paperwork was an emotion I'd never experienced before. A feeling that 31.8 years of putting one foot in front of the the other, making both good and bad choices, has lead me exactly to where I'm supposed to be :)

Next up...grad school!
  

1 comment:

Nicki said...

So ridiculously proud of you. Chatted with Yann the other day, and he is too! We love you so much and cannot wait to hear the stories of this next zoo adventure!
XOXO