Monday, October 8, 2012

A Visit from Yann!


Here's the connection...

Caitlin is one of my besties from college.
She moved to NYC and needed one more roomie.
And so my life became blessed to know Nicki as well!
Nicki married Nicholas, they moved to Switzerland
and were kind enough to open their home to visitors :)
Clearly, I wasn't about to miss out ;)
I got to know Nicki's neighbor, Yann

{insert 3 year time warp here}

When Yann reached out to say that he is working for a French Swiss radio and news station, and was interested in writing a piece about the growth of the tech start-up sector in Chicago, I jumped at the chance to help and host!

I was so INCREDIBLY impressed with EVERYTHING Yann 
accomplished with just one week in the Windy City...

An interview with Rahm Emanuel after the Chicago Ideas Week presentation

An up close conversation and quote from Governor Pat Quinn

Quips from the leaders of 1871 and Sandbox Industries
and a full report produced within a week after heading back to Lausanne. 

SO PROUD OF YOU, YANN!

Not a day goes by in my life when I don't pinch myself to realize how fortunate I am to have accrued such a spectacular network of fantastic, interesting, and ever so talented friends :)
       

1 comment:

Nicki said...

How did I miss this one?!! Your network is what it is because of the person you are! I am so glad that I moved into the UM apt ;) with Caits and got to meet you that crazy night at Jake's and you took the opp to come across the pond and met the sweetest man that exists, Yann! Can't wait for the next adventure!! XOXO