Saturday, December 24, 2011

Blessed


Without question, this December has been the busiest month of my life (to date) on a personal and professional level. 
  
I am blessed with work and more so, 
with an incredible amount of 
family and friends close by. 

However, I'm afraid that the combination of the two has brought the notion of "work hard, play hard" to a whole new height. 

So it was really nice to take a breather, 
head to my parents house,
and go to church to take a moment 
to give thanks for all the above. 

I just feel really badly for the woman who had to offer me a Kleenex when I totally burst into tears during "Joy to the World" at the end of the service...
Between the lack of sleep and thinking about how this is our first Christmas without Grandma Stella, I just kinda lost my shit :( 
   
But it sure felt good to cry it out. With all of our lives being as busy as they are, it's important to take time to remember the real reason for the season :)
   

No comments: