Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Call Me Betty

  
The moment Fall rolls into town 
I admittedly become a comfort-food-aholic...
Sweet potato gnocchi, butternut squash ravioli, 
pumpkin soup, pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream,
you get the gist.

So when I asked my mom for her famous pulled pork recipe, she not only dished over the handwritten note-card from her rolodex of secret awesomeness -- she also gave me her crock-pot... 
TO KEEP! 

Baaaaah :)
  
Ya see, this is one of those kitchen contraptions that I would never buy on my own but have always been highly intrigued by. 
More of a registry thing, if ya know what I mean...

But now that I have one,
(and an actual recipe to boot!)
I felt it was a must to buy an apron for my new-found repertoire of domestic doo-dads :)

And now I kinda want to be Betty Crocker for Halloween

Or maybe just the Pillsbury Dough Boy...

Likely the latter of the two ;)
   

1 comment:

Nicki said...

I want a crock pot!! Awesomeness :) PS I also just recently was gifted an apron. We could have a duel/apron-off.

Miss you!