Thursday, June 9, 2011

Gone Mobile


So many great things to share today :)
  
First and foremost, 
my Grams is home from the hospital
{insert massive sigh of relief here}
and I genuinely thank you SO much for the notes, 
happy thoughts, and kind words last week.
{insert karate bow here}

With her "release" (as she calls it), I deemed it appropriate to post about the gift Stella recently gave to me now that she's a ripe 93 years old and unfortunately had to forfeit her license...

BAM!

Isn't she a beaut?!?

Yep yep yep, 
it's ok to be jealous ;)
  
We can't all drive a navy blue 1990 Toyota Corolla 
(with a hint of rust) but someone's gotta do it 
and I'm sure as hell happy that 
that someone gets to be me :)

"Features" include manual locks,

manual windows,

two seat belts per passenger 
(one for the lap & one for the chest), 
windshield wipers that don't work,
and a tape deck...HOLLER!

This 68,109 mile gem also includes 
(for reasons unknown), 
a lock on the fuel tank...
For real though, do people steal gas?!? 
I remain perplexed about this one...

There ya have her folks.
My new ride!

Good ole "Stella" the automobile.
For better or worse;
I think I'm in love :)
  

1 comment:

Megan Murray Elsener said...

Brings back such fond memories of the 1981 silver bullet mercedes. I like that you generally roll in 20 year old vintage mobiles :)