Friday, May 13, 2011

One Highly Comical Commute


I find it impossible not to laugh at least a dozen times on the mere 8 block walk I have from the time the Halsted 8 bus drops me off at Fulton Market, to the arrival at our office door on Racine. 

New York may be known for it's hip Meat Packing District,
but holy hot damn, Chicago's got the real deal!


While dodging delivery trucks and crates,
I took a mental inventory this morning and counted that in just eight short blocks, my fortunate eyes get to see the following,
each and every morning on my walk to work:
  
- 5 meat packing factories
- 2 fruit and vegetable whole sale warehouses
- 1 egg factory
- 3 autobody repair shops
- 5 art and furniture galleries
- 3 gym facilities
- 5 new awesome restaurants 
- 4 doggy day care centers
 and countless renovated lofts.

It's such a trip!
(literally)

Once I contain my giggles after passing 
"Bee Jays Meats"

I look forward to squeezing between the egg boxes 

to hit up Jupiter Outpost for coffee :)

This is one chaotically cool slice of Chicago,
I feel so lucky to see in action everyday!
  

No comments: