Monday, January 31, 2011

3 Years Later...


We packed up the apartment on Saturday 
and hit the corner bar for one last horaah!

Confession: 
There was a moment, while doing the leap frog over 40 of the best people I've ever come by, when the alcohol had absolutely nothing to do with the sheer bliss in my smile :)

Living in Zoo York has been my greatest adventure yet.
These past 3 years have been more like a book than a chapter
(or maybe just one big blog  - no need for dramatics ;)
but I know we're only getting started with the good stuff!

The poor men sitting next to me on the plane ride home must have thought I was manic... sitting there for 2 full hours with tears in my eyes, a Heineken in one hand, and a Kleenex in the other. But all felt right in the world when I came across this article on Jimmy Fallon in New York magazine:

After talking about all his ups and downs with comedy,
the writer concluded with this: 
After his taping, still flushed and exhausted, Fallon recalls the story of a personal turning point, during a rehearsal on SNL. "I was in a bear suit; trying to do comedy. And I was thinking, this is lame. This is a waste. They can't even see my face. Then I looked over at Will Ferrell and he had metal clamps on his nipples and he was getting water thrown on him. And he was just doing it. No complaints. For me, that was a clicking moment. That this is all a lot easier if you just go with it." He jacked his eyebrow slightly and smiled, "It's not: I've got to wear a bear suit.
It's: I get to wear a bear suit."

I get to come home to Chicago :)
It's not an obligation, it's an opportunity
and a whole new adventure!

No comments: