Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hidden Treasures


With
LOADS of 30th birthdays on the horizon, I spent a couple hours scouring old photo albums to photocopy funnies for all my old friends... no pun intended ;)

While in my parents' attic 
dusting off box after box
(insert sneezes here) 
I had the true fortune to experience what it's like
to be a pirate who discovers buried treasure 

when I found my very own...
"Time Capcil"!

Do not open until 2015?!?

Sorry 6th grade version of me, 
some things just cannot wait!

I nearly cried laughing reading "My Dream"

*****

My Dream

To live in Montana 
(I'm cracking up that I crossed that out!)

with 8 kids
(WHAT?!?)

6 of my own and 2 cultured kids adopted
(Move over Angelina! I apparently had that idea first)
(PS BTW: Who says 'cultured' kids?!?)

with lots of animals. I want to live with my family
and Erin Estey.
(Poor Erin didn't make the cut. Too funny)

I hope to stay best friends with
Cody Gundrum and Liz Kearny.
(Dying laughing that I spelled Lizzard's last name wrong!)

I am eleven years old and it is year 1992.

Have I folfilled my dream?

(Hooked-on-phonics clearly did not work for me)

Yes / No

*****

Inside the envelope were dozens of certificates from my junior sports teams, report cards, handwritten letters, print outs from Chicago museum visits, and all of the papers from the
gazillion animals we adopted from the Lincoln Park Zoo. 
HA!STERICAL

So, have I "fofilled" my dream?

Ummmm,
I guess the answer is "Yes
& No"?!

Good God I feel like such a let down!! ;) 

But hey, it's technically not 2015 yet,
so I guess I've got some serious baby-makin' to do...
Any takers?!?!
Bahahaha
Just kidding, Mom.

I HEART TIME "CAPCILS"
  

3 comments:

Emily said...

This might be the single, best post I have ever read. I can't stop giggling about it. I can't wait to come visit you and all your 8 children on my trips to Montana. Especially your 'cultured' children. Ha!!

Megan Murray Elsener said...

hysterical.

The Goff Family said...

I cannot stop laughing!!