Sunday, August 22, 2010

GREAT food and even better company


This weekend I may have added another inch to my waistline but
since I've officially retired the bathing suit for Summer,
I say
c'est la vie!

Friday night I met a handful of girlfriends at the Frying Pan
for Happy Hour and although there were no Pirates present,
it was the perfect way to unwind from the work week :)
Buzzed and back home by 11pm ... check! ;)

I know I've mentioned Liz's blog about a hundred times - but if you're reading this very sentence and haven't checked out her awesomeness yet, go ahead and give it a go!

Aaaand, I digress ... per usual

Point being, Saturday Liz invited me to have brunch at Maialino, the fan-tastic restaurant where she's currently the Wine Director.

There isn't an item on the
menu that I wouldn't recommend.
1,001% DELICIOUS!

And since Maialino is located in the Gramercy Park Hotel, we
had the privilege to catch a drink on the rooftop afterwards :)
Talk about eye candy ... WO!

Then we treated ourselves to cheap pedi's and when I handed the woman 5 bottles of nail-polish, she smiled along and painted every other toe a different color :)
Teehee!

From there my happy feet and I went to meet Grant, Teresa and the babe-to-be at Co. for pizza ... HO-LY WOW
If my taste buds could talk they wouldn't shut up!

Afterwards we strolled down to the Chelsea Market, picked up a couple ice cream cookie sandwiches from Jacques Torres and solved all the world's problems while walking the High Line.
Not to go all British on ya, but it truly was a lovely evening :)

This morning I went for a run (in my dreams) and met Melissa Hall for brunch at our favorite go-to spot, Life Cafe.

We bopped around for a bit but when the rain came POURING down, I hopped a cab to catch up on some work and snuggled up on the couch to watch Gladiator for the umpteen time. LOVE.

And when it was feeding time again, I called up good ole Frankies
(since I can't cook for shit) to take out a calamari salad
and randomly re-read,
Highly recommend

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend ...
if only I could just find a magic "rewind" button ;)

Hope you have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That sounds like a pretty darn great weekend. Slightly jealous...