Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Getting "the band" back together :)


Every now and then I receive emails from random peeps who have stumbled across my blozzoggle, or from inquiring minds who feel the urge to reach out with arbitrary questions ...

I would say 50% of the questions are about gnomes:
Why do you like them?
Why do you name them?
And my most favorite,
Do you have special needs?
Ha!sterical

And then I would say that the other 50% of the ques
are in regard to Nick Howard:
How do you know him?
Are you obsessed?
And my most favorite,
Does he even know you're alive?
Ha!larious
So here's the answer as I seem to have failed to relay the connection along the way ...

I have the absolute pleasure of knowing Nick because I have known his insanely fabulous fiance for over twenty years!


Let's rewind, shall we?
<<---

When I was 8 years old, I made a "Top 1o" list as to why I should have a trampoline, and why my parents should send me away to gymnastics camp. Ya see, I was "destined" to be the next Mary Lou
...there really wasn't a doubt in my mind about it ;)
And when I begged for a trampoline they said "no" yet when I asked to be sent away for 2 weeks, they gladly obliged. Ha!
It goes without saying that I was a rather "high energy" child
(I think they would have paid to send me to the
moon if it meant me being away for 2 whole weeks)

Porter Gymnastics Camp is where I met Katelyn :) We were in the 3rd grade and it was friendship at first sight! I do fear however, that our maturity levels haven't developed much since ;)

Katelyn met Nick here in NYC and I have the honor to be standing up in their wedding this November. I was cracking up at the bridal party section of their website because this picture was taken at camp when we were 16 and part of the "Counselors in Training" program. I have NO CLUE how we ever got away with being paid to watch children, but we sure had a helluva lotta fun doing it :)

So back to Nick ...
Why do I post so much about his awesomeness?
It's simple really.
His music is spectacular and he is a wonderful human being.
I get to spend time with Katelyn and friends at every show
and see her be the happiest she's ever been :)
And great music brings people together ...
I'm sure my family could do without the matchy-matchy,
but no one that I've ever met,
hasn't had an absolutely awesome time at one of his shows :)

So I say cheers to many more fun memories
and great melodies ahead!

1 comment:

Chik said...

That was one fun night buddy! Can't thank you enough for #1 throwing such a great party #2 inviting my new buddy Joe to the party and #3 introducing me to the awesomeness that is Nick Howard! Come back to Chi town asap!