Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thoughts on Goodnight Prayers


I've always tried to refrain from blogging about religion;
politics being a close second.

Maybe it's just my "Midwestern niceness",
but I slightly beg to differ...

The thing is,
I have very strong beliefs on both topics;
and contrary to my often-times left one-sided ways,
I very much believe that everyone
(even if opposite to mine)
has the "right" to express their own strong suits ;)

Back in grade school, when asked what my "sign" was,
I had no clue how to answer
(I used to think Astrology was a type of religion, ha!)
I just remember I used to meekishly mutter,
"Well, I'm a Virgo and a Protestant."

But with time, I began to develop educated opinions and my life took me to places I never ever dreamed of going. So to this day, I've pledged to believe in the best of both, "church and state". That no matter what our differences may be, we can ultimately elect to live, love, and laugh together.

And with that,
every single night,
I say a little
non-prayer ...

I pour a drink of water,
take my "Women's One A Day"
(it's ok to chuckle)
and raise a glass to my most favorite corner on Earth.

The corner of our kitchen that represents
and embodies everything in my life:

I raise a glass to my family and friends,
to the places I've traveled,
and to the happy events that are soon to be celebrated :)

It's religion nor politics,
but it's what makes me, me!

And when I get into bed,
I smile at the "art" I made at my 8th grade confirmation:
and that is my goodnight prayer.

I simply wish the best upon everyone
that the moon sees :
)

It may seem silly,
but a wise man once said,
"Everything that you do in this life will be insignificant,
but you must do it anyways."
~Mahatma Ghandi

2 comments:

CHIK said...

Read to myself, laughed out loud then read out loud to my co-workers! So good Stace!

Stacey Hall :) said...

Ha! Thanks, Chik :)