Monday, March 15, 2010

"Griswold Adventures" Take 1,457,036 ;)


For the first time in 2 years,
my parents came to visit!

Note: my mom has come countless times prior
(
I fear she'd move in with me if even jokingly invited)
However, my dad does not-so-much share our same love
for Zoo York (understatement of the year).

So needless to say, I was a little worried about the 56 hour adventure we would spend together but I'm THRILLED to report that the wknd was a complete success :)

Ya see, I learned early on that it's fairly easy to win a Midwesterner's heart ... the "trick" consists of good food and booze. We're a simple breed really, and being from the snow-belt we're used to totally crap weather (so the fact that it rained the whole time was only par for the course ;)
(this is the only picture I took all wknd, woops!)

I can't exactly pin-point what won him over ...

Could have been the yummy places we ate:


Or the fun places we drank:

Hmm, did I mention Donnybrook?! ;)

Maybe it was the neat things we did
or the great shows we went to see:


But all that aside, I think most of all, it's exciting for parents just to see that their child is happy. And in turn, as a "child", it's exciting to share your life with the ones responsible for it :)

Momsta & Papo,
Thank you SO much for such a wonderful weekend! I truly appreciate everything you do for me and miss you already.
Love,
Me

No comments: