Monday, February 1, 2010

"50 Simple Steps to Happiness"


I don't know that I've ever confessed my sincere obsession with New York magazine so allow me to do so right now. I LOVE IT!
I love the feature articles,
adore perusing the (overpriced) Real Estate section,
love the "Neighborhood News" ...
heck, I even like the ads they run.
Repeat: Just love it :)

So it goes without saying, I was overly psyched to read and
act upon the
"50 Simple Steps to Happiness" article.
Correction:
I was overly psyched to read and act upon the "50 Simple Steps to Happiness" article,
until I stumbled across #41:

“Never clean your plate at a restaurant. New Yorkers eat out more than anyone, but they can choose to eat less.”
—David Kirchhoff, CEO, Weight Watchers

I'm sorry,
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?
"Never clean your plate"?!?
Oh no no no no no no no

(a) I would lick the g-damn dish if acceptable in public
(2) Eating out in NYC is not cheap.
Would you just leave $5 on your plate?
Didn't think so.
(iii) I'm not that cool so I fully enjoy being in the "Clean Plate Club"
I'm like totally one of their best members! ;)
(D) Less food has never once made me more happy. Ever.
(5) All the above

But I did enjoy the rest of the article and have EVERY intention of hitting up the Spa Castle in Queens.
Brilliant!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Been to the spa castle, i have stories for you!! :) How the heck are you??

Kevin said...

I concur - leaving food on my plate has never evoked feelings of happiness.