Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Me, the Misanthrope ;)


Confession:
I officially have a new favorite time of day!

Although one might guess "5pm",
this little employee only dreams
that my work day would end then ;)

This morning I woke up at 6:45am
and immediately went to hit snooze
(
shocker)

But then I sat up in total amazement
because for the first time in two years,
it was silent on Clinton Street ...
I could not believe my ears!
So I laid there, wide awake,
loving every second of this nothingness!

No ambulance,
no horns honking,
no delivery trucks delivering,
no store front gates opening,
no garbage trucks grumbling,
no car alarms sounding,
no pedestrians peddling,
no birds chirping,
no pre-schoolers crying ...

This breath of fresh air
lasted for 15 minutes :)

And then,
at the stroke of 7am ...
BAM!

Ambulance and pre-schoolers came a' wailing,
the birds began chirping,
(so the dogs began barking),
the cabbies came a honkin',
car alarms started sounding,
store front gates started opening,
delivery trucks began delivering,
garbage cans went tumbling,
and pedestrians began a' peddlin ...

Gooood morning Zoo York!
I missed ya for a moment ;)

No comments: