Monday, August 24, 2009

My Many Quirks ...


I recently went out with a guy who casually asked,

"So, what are some of your personal quirks?"

Ummmmmm,
I wanted to say,
"How much time do you have?!"

But I refrained and simply said,
"Hmmm, can't think of any off the top of my head"

(insert nose growing here)

The thing is, I didn't really foresee a future with the aforementioned male and to be totally frank, I was slightly concerned he wouldn't pay for dinner after falling victim
to my laundry list o' idiosyncrasies ;)
Kidding,
kinda

Had I answered the question honestly,
I would have confessed the following
right off the top of my head:

I sleep with 4 pillows
and own more gnomes than most ...


I set my alarm to a different odd number every single night.
For example, tomorrow I'm due to wakey-wakey at 7:13am.
Tuesday will likely be 7:15am ...
:17, :19 and :21 shall ensue


Yet, when reading a book, I only ever stop on evens.

I make every effort to provide exact change
(and have a serious soft-spot for pennies)

My personal and professional email accounts are linked to my Crackberry, both of which show a little red star when a message has been received. After 6pm PST/9pm EST, when I see that I've gotten a new messages, I silently guess which account it's been sent too, and visibly sneer when wrong. Admittedly, I get way more excited to see the little red star light up on my gmail account ...
just being honest.

I drink incredibly fast,
no matter what the liquid.

I'm quite possibly the least domestic female on the planet
but I absolutely adore the invention of the vacuum
and cannot help but to make the
"Vrooom Vrooom!" noise
when doing so.

The bottom of my feet are dirty at all times.
Like, always.

If I could live in a pool, lake or hottub I would.
I'm however, petrified of the ocean.

...
Confession:
I've been known to take baths for multiple hours.
After which the bottom of my feet still remain dirty.
It's truly uncanny!
...

Despite the fact that it's not socially acceptable at my age,
I genuinely LOVE wearing costumes :)

My glasses help me see things that are far away
and I therefore feel the need to remove them
when having face-to-face convos
even though that is totally unnecessary.
(I'm trying to stop)

Yep, yep, yep ...
that's what I would've rambled off the top of my head.
But thankfully I spared the stranger all the above
and told YOU instead, tee hee!

Happy Monday :)