Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thoughts on Bookshelves


Confession:

So I've been trying to "put myself back out there"
(whatever the hell that means)
in the "dating scene"
(or lack thereof)
here in the Zoo to the York.

(Insert barf noise here)

And I must say,
there’s something totally intriguing to me about a guy’s bookshelf.
Literary choices say so much about a person ...
It’s like legally snooping!

And I will also say,
there’s no greater turn-on then a well-read muchacho...

(Admittedly, I become ecstatic to witness when collections range from
“Dude, Where’s My Country?” to “The Count of Monte Cristo”)

Buuuut,
since I am living in my life,
and not the one I dream of,
that my friends, has yet to happen ;)

And besides, who am I to judge a book by its cover?

My bookshelf looks like an overflowing used car lot,
and my nightstand touts this month’s selections of :
“The Alchemist” (a must read if you haven't already!),
"Barack Obama: The Inaugural Address and Other Speeches"
"Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea"
and Shel Silverstein’s latest, “Runny Babbit”.

If someone were to summarize my existence based on such,

they’d probably say I’m just a soul searching liberal
with an affinity for satire and simple rhymes.

S
hoot
Ok, so maybe you can judge a book by its cover ;)
But we shouldn’t so I won’t!

Aaaand, I digress
per usual

Point of post ...
My thoughts on bookshelves themselves are that:
I HEART THEM
BIG TIME !

Here are a few that I aspire to own someday :)







Hahaha

3 comments:

Danielle Ward said...

OMG! I love bookshelves and books! I really want to build something amazing in my house!

Unknown said...

Chelsea and Vodka in the same book title!! I betta grab that'ne!!!!!!

Bookgirl said...

the fact that you have dream bookshelves makes me love you just a little bit more!