Friday, May 1, 2009

"All Secrets Sleep in Winter Clothes"


Admittedly, I am not a very religious person …
I’ve never “seen God” or
been “kissed by an angel” in the middle of the night

But I do believe in spirits and especially in signs …
signs that subtly show up in our lives and provide affirmation
that we are in fact, on "the right track"

Some may call them
“chance”
“coincidence”
or
“a twist of fate”
but I call them signs

Be it good or bad,
today the craziest one happened to me ...

While I was walking down Avenue A,
this particular window caught my eye literally as
I
was listening to Neutral Milk Hotel's
"In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" on my iPod


I've always loved the lyrics to that song,
but holy-wow-craziness to see this in the window
while listening to the refrain:
and now we keep where we
don't know
all secrets sleep in winter clothes

with one you loved so long ago
now he don't even know his name


How awesomely random!

I haven't the slightest clue what this happening even means,
so I'm just gonna believe life's fine-for-now and run with it :)

No comments: