Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Why I Need a Muzzle: Take 1,462,397 ...


This week I'm attending the
Advertising Research Foundation conference for work.

Topics include: Strategic Inflection, Brand Engagement, and Research Transformation (insert yawn here) but since I'm a nerd, I admittedly dig these sessions.

Yesterday Dr. Drew Westen (Founder of Thinkscan.com) gave a Keynote address and asked the audience of roughly 1,000 people to play a quick mind game ...

He asked us all to memorize 6 words:

Ocean
Moon
Wall
Sign
Window
Mirror

He then asked us at once to shout out the name of the first
laundry detergent
that came to mind ...

I shit you not, the entire room yelled, "Tide!"
While my non-domestic ass blurted, "Snuggle!"
(insert hot face here)

Dr. Westen then said, "Ok, I believe I heard 999 say Tide and
1 Snuggle, which is a
fabric softner ..."
(insert roaring laughter here)

I wanted to crawl under the table ...
Seriously, someone please shoot me!

3 comments:

AJ said...

awwwwwww. :) i hope you are feeling better now :)

Anonymous said...

you could try washing your clothes with snuggle to show em it CAN be done :P

harringtonian said...

ace- ax the lecturer what he uses

sursorti