Monday, March 9, 2009

Why I Love Weddings


A co-worker jokingly said to me,

"Ya know, you are allowed to say 'no' to a wedding once in a while"

To which I replied,

"Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?"


I wanted to say to him,

"Are you speaking English? Who says that?!"

Better yet,
who would ever want to miss a wedding!!???


Truly,
to be asked to share in the best day of your friends' lives
is an absolute honor

******

Which leads me to blab and brag about Rori & Mike …

and their utterly awesome ceremony this past weekend :)


Ror –
It goes without saying that you were a breathtaking bride!

But even more so, you are just a breathtaking human being!



I must say that you mingling at our table
(while
nonchalantly eating an egg roll with chop-sticks)
and ever-so-cooly catching up with everyone
is most definitely a memory I'll forever hold on to :)


You're so comfortable with yourself
that you make everyone else around you feel at ease.
Your caring demeanor is contagious
and your laugh is infectious :)

I'm SO happy for you and Mike
and
can't say thanks enough for such a wonderful night!

Xoxoxo

*******

Many have asked why it is that I love weddings so much,
so here's my best answer:

Aside from the open bar (hahahah, kidding, kinda ;)
I love weddings because ...

There is no greater feeling
than seeing your friends on Cloud 9 :)

I love weddings because
they are an expression of the couple,
and therefore each unique and lovely in their own regard
.
They bring so many great people together
and I find them virtually impossible to not have a good time at!


But most of all,
I love 'em because
with every wedding
you know that someone you care about
has found their partner-in-crime
and that they're "all set" now

Who could ask for anything more?!

:)

No comments: