Sunday, March 15, 2009

NYC Pocketbook Dictionary ... 1st Edition ;)


It's somehow mid-March ...
What/why/where/when/how?

Having spent the last 2.5 months on speed
(figuratively speaking)
I spent this past weekend in pseudo-detox
(literally speaking)

For 48 full hours I made a concerted effort
to drink less, talk less, and think less
(ok, maybe not so much the latter of the 3)

But for once in my life,
I attempted to shut my mouth and open my ears;
and this is what my sober-session officially confirmed:

Be it good, bad or indifferent,
I'd argue that there are words more

commonly/overly/acceptably used
on this crazy "little" island than in any other city ...

Here's the short list for your "reading pleasure" ;)
  • Rent
  • Rent controlled
  • Overpriced
  • "Starving artist"
  • Stress
  • Hedge fund
  • Bloomberg
  • "The Journal"
  • Bodega
  • Duane Reade
  • Jewish Deli
  • Tofu
  • Take-out /Delivery
  • Dry Cleaning
  • Taxi / Cab
  • Meat Packing District
  • "The List"
  • Non-committal
  • Gay
  • High fashion
  • Heidi Klum
  • Cocaine
  • Sex
  • 5am
Confession:
Making this list made me miss the days of
Pee-Wee Herman's Playhouse ...
I used to pretty much eeeek myself
when someone said the secret word of the day!

Hahahaha :)

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I'd say sex and cocaine have already been claimed by LA.